DAY 3: Saddle Hut - Summit - Momela Gate - Moshi/ Arusha
We start early at around 1:30 a.m. to climb steeply to Rhino Point (3,800 m.) and on to Cobra Point (4350m). We reach the summit (4,566 m) for sunrise there is a possibility to see Kilimanjaro Peak above the clouds. The final part of the climb is along a spectacular narrow ridgeline between the sheer inner cliffs and the sloping outer wall of the crater. We take a short rest and brunch at Saddle Hut before continuing the descent to the Momella gate. The returning transfer will be waiting at Momella Gate to pick you to your hotel in Arusha/Moshi.
• Elevation (m): 3,570 m to 4,565m to 2,514m
• Elevation (ft): 14,977ft to 11,712 ft to 8,250ft
• Distance: 5 km up 13 km down
• Hiking Time: 12 – 14 hours
• Habitat: Alpine Desert Moorland and Montane forest.
Meal: Bed & Breakfast
Moshi - Kilimanjaro White House Hotel (Recommended)
Arusha- Mrimba Palm Hotel (Recommended)